Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Holed Up

I’d been waiting to write another blog post until something interesting happened.  Well, something did.  Brace yourself for excitement.  Just the other day, I got into my van, drove myself down the hill and out to the lake-front road.  I found a vegetable stand and bought some carrots, green peppers, onions, green beans and cauliflower.  Then, because that seller didn’t have pumpkin, I drove the other way along the lake until I found another seller who had a pumpkin.  I bought it, some potatoes, and two cabbages.  Then I went home . .   I know . . . mind-blowing.

It sure is good that something so exciting happened or you might have not had that wonderful story to read.  Seriously, though, that was a real ground-breaking event for me.  The truth is, things have been pretty low-key and locked-down lately.  Strikes and curfews have kept everything shut all day and the only places to get things are the roadside stands outside of our neighborhood.  Because we never know how things will be, the kids and I usually stay at home.  There have been a few days where things have been relaxed and our whole family has gone across town to the grocery store -- twice in 3 months.  But, this was the first time during this whole mess that I drove anywhere and left the neighborhood by myself.  So, you can see why it’s been hard to come up with something to write about.

Now, don’t think we haven’t been busy.  We’ve visited some neighbors and some neighbors have visited us.  We’ve done homeschool and are already into the 3rd month of the school year.  I’ve been processing food to put in freezers and such -- think farmwife meets prepper -- just in case it’s harder to get produce later on.  We just wait.  Hoping and praying our neighbors and friends are safe.  Hoping and praying that some kind of solution will come.  Hoping and praying God gets His way.

So, that’s life.  Nothing much more to tell you about.  Until the next veggie run!

Our Homeschool Days

2 comments:

  1. Hello all! I've been thinking about you a lot recently as I've been hearing about all the troubles up your way. So glad you got out to buy supplies and hope you are able to continue to do so.
    Great to see your new home school room - it is big! Also lovely to see the desks in use after spending time wrapping them last Christmas.
    Much love from Aunty Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sweet! We were just talking about your visit last year! Please write us and let us know how (and where) life is taking you! much love from all of us.

    ReplyDelete